Quite similar to the previous post, tried to make the ricochets a bit more subtle and the gun flare a bit more realistic. The difficult part was getting a slight glow from the gun behind the rock.
As for the non-edited bits, the flashgun was pointing down from the top of the brick at the back of the shot to mimic floodlights like those around base camps.
Happy to hear comments about mistakes I made or tips you’d like to give/receive.
Not quite as elaborate as the first image in the series but here I tried to create relatively believable gunshot flares.
The ricochet mark on the top left looks a little cartoony but I think that fits in quite well. A more subtle touch is the blood by the fallen soldier as well as reflections on the knee and helmet on the other.
A week or so before this photo, I bought 300 dice. Consequently, I thought it would be an excellent investment to buy 300 toy soldiers. Yep, 300… Turns out I needed 4 (photo) but I have great plans for the rest! Speaking of plans, this post is a taster to what I’m going to be editing sometime next week. Yes, it involves tiny green guys but also something extra and something pretty awesome.
EDITED: I’m putting it off for now because I’ve had work photos to edit/send and a music video to shoot for a friend (poem). This future photo will unfortunately involve Photoshop at which I’m useless and the simplest things will take me hours to figure out.
Before I post the final outcome there will be some photos of random things from the same time period as well as a possible Macro Week #3 (found some interesting weeds in our “backgarden”). I thought I’d rather break the chronology a little but stick to posting daily.
Anyway, enjoy this little light-experiment. Typical student-life set up: Red tint is from flash behind a beer bottle and the “yellow” (originally light-blue is from a blue-ish bottle of cologne. Just the one off-camera flashgun used. Bottles were positioned to cover half of the flash on each side which gives the split in colours. Not sure what it looks like to you but the idea was that since the toy soldiers are all green, I’d separate them into different sides by giving them different colour casts – in other wards, revision rekindled my childhood love of toy war!!!